1 . (Saturday Morning) Huh, I have a slight tickle in my throat. *Swallows and feels severe pain, like piranhas gnawing on vocal cords*
2. Me: "What do you want to do Saturday?" Friend:
"Why do you sound like Kermit?"
Me:" It's just allergies." Calls doctor...
3. (Jump to Saturday Night) I think I have Ebola. *Clicks through ALL the Ebola symptoms* Definitely Ebola.
4. (Two hours later) Plagues start with one person. I could be that one single person that brings back some black plague. There was a mouse in my classroom that I haven't killed because I secretly named him and oh my god, he gave me the plague.
5. (10 hours straight of watching Netflix) Me: (coughing) Yes, I need a large pizza with pineapple and do you have oranges? ...
Pizza Guy: Oranges?
Me: I have the plague and need citrus.... hello. helloo.
6. (Sends snap chat of gross tissues and pitiful texts) CAN YOUR NOSE fall off? Is it humanly possible? Great I'm getting forced into a nose job? (No one texts back)
7. What day is it? What time is it? HAVE I LOST ALL TIES TO REALITY?
8. Maybe I should work out and burn the sickness off. *Stands up and makes it to the freezer for ice cream*
9. *Takes Advil* Wait. I might have already taken Advil. The bottle says no more than 8 in a 24-hour period and I just took some an hour ago THEN I HAVE EXCEEDED THE LIMIT BY TWO. *CALLS 911* Why is everyone hanging up on me?
10. *Looks in mirror* Why is there a bump on my chest?
Two bumps. Oh my god. What the heck. *Runs and tells fiancé while looking up mumps on Ipad* Fiance: Those are indentations from the TV remote Me: Oh. So it must be the plague then.
**Moved from former blog page.
Grimm and White could be called a modern day fairy tale.
Grimm and White
To be released on December 25th, 2015
Who would you choose?
I want you to put your hand over your heart. Press down against the skin, meld your fingers into the flesh, and listen to the beats. Can you hear how that one organ is keeping you alive? One pump. Two pumps. Three.
Alice White Cabot would consider you lucky. She can press down in that same exact spot and she would feel…nothing. Allie does have: ten fingers and toes, one set of working lungs, a healthy liver, two small kidneys, stringy veins, long intestines, two-hundred and six breakable bones, and a big mouth. But in the empty chest cavity where the beating organ should be pulsing blood to the rest of Allie’s body, sits a void that only one person can fill. She is under the curse of the Heartless, and on her nineteenth birthday she will have to rip out the heart of the one she loves or she herself will die.
Kallin Grimm is a nineteen-year-old boy from the Chicago suburbs. He’s a regular guy who likes football, video games, and hanging out with his friend Lennon. A few exceptions break his normal routine, like the incredible strength Kallin has that he can’t explain. Not to mention, Kallin is in love with a girl that he has never met. The only means of communication they have is a pen and an enchanted journal that was given to Kallin by his father. The journal’s twin belongs to Allie and whatever is written in one can be seen in the other. For the past year they have shared their secrets and their souls, which is why Allie knows they can never meet. It is the only way to keep his heart safe.
Enter the dark world of curses, secrets, and a history as old as time. The novel opens on Allie’s eighteenth birthday. With one year left, she, along with her best friend Miles set off from California to find out more about the curse, her past, and to stay as far away from Kallin Grimm as she can. Their first lead is in Chicago. Maybe this curse is stronger than she thinks. Tick-Tick-Tick.
What you'll find here:
This is where I talk about stuff and things and stuff and then more stuff and things and stuff... so if you're looking for stuff and things...
Emily Ann Hansen
I'm a writer and teacher living in Baltimore City. I'm originally from Chicago. I graduated from Columbia College Chicago with a BA in Fiction. Instead of babbling, I will list a few of the things in life that make me happy: